Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Get down to the nitty gritty.

It's official - Thursdays are the new Fridays. Well, at least last Thursday was...

Start your Thursday night with a few cheap beverages at Tailor Made: The Mod Happy Hour! at Make Out Room where you can get your buzz on from 6pm and listen to Northern Soul, Ska, Britpop (did I really hear Kula Shaker? Yes, yes I did!) and other amazing musical wonders.

But now, let's get down...to The Real Nitty Gritty. Holy guacamole, Beauty Bar, you pulled it out of the bag with this night, really you did. Djs Brown Amy, Carnita and Cat Fancy kept the (rather large, and by large, I don't mean fat) crowd happy with an awesome selection of hot soul jams, 60s girl groups, funk and northern soul stompers. From The Shirelles, to Arthur Conley, I was a happy bunny and danced myself into a sweaty mess. I. Loved. Every. Minute.



So, if you like sweet soul music, I would definitely recommend this night, because it is seriously FUN! I am still marvelling at what a great night it was, despite it being soooo crowded, and in spite of the greyhound consumption that took place on my part. I just hope this becomes a regular club night at BB...

No comments:

Post a Comment