Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bright light city set my soul on fire...

It's been nearly two weeks since Viva Las Vegas and I am still marvelling at all the fun I had....as well as planning my return next year...

What a truly amazing weekend of good old fashioned fun and frolics! After hearing about Viva a couple of years ago, and never having had the chance to go, I finally got round to it this April and it was definitely worth the wait. As well as catching up with friends, I also made lots of wonderful new friends, listened to a lot of great music, admired all the fabulous outfits, got my buffet fix, lusted after all the vintage and retro clothes and accessories on sale, danced my little socks off...and drank booze out of a plastic cowboy boot. Of course.


As well as being entertained by bay area favourites The Hi-Rythm Hustlers, The B-Stars and The Royal Deuces - all of which played blinding shows - I gotta say I was wowed by the wonderful Wanda Jackson. She still has it. In bucketloads. She pulled in a huge crowd, but as ever, that didn't stop my happy feet and I still managed to find space for a dancie dance. Fun.


As a fan of weekenders, I have to say that this has been my best one to date. It had the perfect balance of bands, djs, dancing, style, vendors, glamour and entertainment (fashion show, burlesque competition, tiki pool party, jive contest, car show...) and the fact that it was all held at one hotel (The Orleans) made it really easy to flit about. It was also great to be in the comfort of a hotel, as opposed to the damp and crusty old chalets of the UK holiday camps...I suppose I was particularly comfortable, given that when I went to check in, I was informed that the hotel was very full, so I had been upgraded to a suite. Hello jacuzzi hot tub....fire place....3 bathrooms...kitchen...6 televisions...

My trip was rounded off nicely when I went to board my flight to San Francisco and I was informed that the flight was very full, so I had been upgraded. Lots of legroom = happy Mel.

Luxury, you have found me, and I never want to give you up.


www.vivalasvegas.net

No comments:

Post a Comment