Sunday, April 22, 2012

That's why the lady is a tramp!

So, I mentioned in my last post, that the hubs and I were filming a fashion shoot for ITV's This Morning last week at The Troxy, and it occurred to me that I never actually blogged about the shoot that we did for them at the Rivoli Ballroom back in November.


We had so much fun filming a little swing dance sequence and switching into numerous outfits along the way, to the sounds of The Lady is a Tramp, sung by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga. You could say that the concept was kind of like a modern spin on the 50s.


I got to wear cute outfits, however, the shoes were reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally high and difficult for my poor little tootsies to dance in! You'll be pleased to know, though, that I kept calm and carried on in my six inch heels.












The Rivoli is a Grade II listed building tucked away in south east London (English Heritage Grade II listed buildings are considered nationally important and of special interest), and it was an absolute joy and priviledge to have the ballroom all to ourselves.


With plush red velvet walls, a sprung wooden dance floor, chandeliers and lounge areas, the Rivoli is the only 1950s ballroom in London that is still intact. They host regular dance nights, including a monthly jive party which is held on Saturdays and has showcased musical acts such as Si Cranstoun and Laura B and The Moonlighters. Unfortunately, it is pretty far from where I live, and a real pain to get home from on public transport, so this was the first time I had been - driven door-to-door, there and back, courtesy of ITV!












The Director, Fashion Producer and Intern on the shoot were all so lovely and easy to work with, and as it happens, the same Director filmed our fashion segment at The Troxy last week.


So here is the video of our five minutes of fame, aired at the end of November, and providing Christmas partywear suggestions to viewers across the UK! At the end of the clip the hosts congratulated us on our recent engagement (even though we had been engaged for nearly a year at this point, hahaha) commenting that we have our first dance sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment