Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jiving for a good cause!

Diamond Jive held a charity fundraiser to raise money for Cancer Research on Saturday night. This dance event held on the last Saturday of the month at The Libertine pub in Borough, is usually free, but July's 'Jive for Life' had a £1 entry fee - an absolute bargain if you ask me, and also raising money for a very good cause.




The music was jumpin' with a selection of rock'n'roll, rhythm & blues and rockabilly, and DJ's Frankie V, The Swanz, Miss Aloha, Boatman Jon and Dandy spinning the platters that matter!

Everyone was encouraged to wear something pink and given the beautiful balmy London night, combined with a lot of dancing, I was very quickly able to match my complexion with my dress...


There was also a raffle - the top prize being a pair of tickets to West End musical Million Dollar Quartet. Although I only saw the show a couple of weeks ago, I want to go again, so I had my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for me to win....but alas, it was not meant to be!




I'll admit that upon arrival I was a little unsure as to how successful the night would be, given that there were numerous other events, such as The Vintage Festival at Southbank, taking place that same evening. However, it soon got pretty busy, and ended up being a really fun night, with a great atmosphere.


Diamond Jive is also held at The Railway Tavern in Tulse Hill on the second Friday of each month, and whilst that venue is a little too far for me to travel to (or rather home from, at night) I will most certainly be going back for more dances at the Borough location.

Our night of fun and jiving raised £230 for Cancer Research, with the DJ's volunteering their time for free. Bravo to everyone involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment