Monday, October 11, 2010

Alameda Sundays.

I had an absolute blast a couple of weeks ago at the tiki car lot sale held at Forbidden Island in Alameda.


Not only was the weather gorgeous, but the day was filled with lots of friends and familiar faces, cool stuff 'n' things to look at (including lots of cute dresses) and MONKEYPODS!







I had been dreaming about the wonderful rum concoction that is the Monkeypod since the last time I went to Forbidden Island back in May. It was just as delicious as I remembered, and I think I enjoyed it even more this time as I got to sip on my cocktail whilst browsing all the tiki goods on sale...




It was pretty much the perfect day, spending the whole afternoon in the sunshine with my wonderful man, wonderful friends and the wonderful taco truck that I became acquainted with.






I spent the whole afternoon pondering over a dress that I had my eye on, and by the end of the day, I decided to haggle my way in to being its owner...which I now am....


The draw of Alameda struck again last weekend with the Alameda Flea Market. Taking place on the first Sunday of each month, this market is humongous and attracts loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of people. As with my last visit to the market on my previous trip to the bay area, it was a beautiful day - just perfect to rummage through all the junk (and treasure) on offer.








This time round I came away with a cute compact mirror and two rose brooches. This market appeals to the pack rat in me, and to be honest if I sorted through all my belongings in London, I would have so much stuff to sell here. It's funny how some old tatty piece of crap can seem like treasure when it is being peddled at an 'antiques market'....








The items on sale at this market call for a lot of goofing around, and so of course, we goofed. The funnest props I have encountered so far, have to be the huge Incredible Hulk boxing gloves....






We had a lot of fun, running into friends throughout the day, taking photos, playing instruments and trying on various items of clothing and jewellery. After this it was over to Forbidden Island again for a cheeky cocktail and those damn delicious spicy chicken pieces and coconut shrimp. Oh my daaaaaaays they are so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment