Thursday, July 26, 2012

I hold a torch for you...

Ok, I'm going to come out and admit it - I'm gripped by Olympics fever.

My only regret is that I don't have tickets to any of the events or the opening ceremony...unless by some miracle a ticket falls into my hands between now and tomorrow afternoon - *fingers crossed*.  Still, I'm looking forward to watching the Games on tv, especially the athletics and gymnastics.  Go Team GB!


Getting into the spirit of things, I went to watch the torch relay as it passed nearby my workplace this morning.  People lined the streets - cameras at the ready - to catch a glimpse of the torchbearer running along.  I did a great job of waving my little Union Jack flag...less of a good job taking photos....

 
So, I have borrowed some pics from my colleagues, who managed to take great pictures.  Why mine were such an epic fail, and theirs were so good, (even though we were standing near to each other) I'll never know....maybe it's some kind of iMagic? 

Photo by Nino Tchitava

 Photo by Vahideh Hosseinipanah

I saw that Eddie and Patsy from AbFab carried the torch down Kings Road this afternoon...torch on fire, rolling down the roaaaaad...sweetie, darling!

Photo by Josef Valentino

Some other Olympic sights that I have noticed nearby on my lunch breaks....


I am not too keen on the Olympic mascots, Wenlock and Mandeville, as they are rather...meh (what are they supposed to be?) however, I do like that they are decorated in lots of different colourful designs and have sprung up all over town.


So after years of planning and preparation, the 2012 Games will begin tomorrow (ok, ok, the football has already kicked off) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Team GB.  I know that public transport is going to be a nightmare, but it's only for a couple of weeks...so suck it up!

GO TEAM GREAT BRITAIN! GO, GO, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment