Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday fiancé!

Last weekend, I helped loverboy celebrate his birthday by lavishing him with presents and baking him a delicious cake (even if I do say so myself)! But first, I kicked off the proceedings properly, with the most important meal of the day - a fry-up brekkie in bed (complete with birthday mince pie)...


We had a fun day together, and he was pleased with all of his birthday gifts - including two or three items which will help comprise his wedding day outfit!




My post-Christmas/pre-wedding diet was temporarily put on hold, as I simply couldn't resist partaking in the eating of his birthday cake. Following in the footsteps of the immense German chocolate cake that I made for him last year, I went with a red velvet cake for 2012 - complete with cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries and blueberries. The birthday boy was happy, and I am now a pound or two heavier!








With his birthday just two weeks before our wedding, this will be his last one as a fiancé...next year I will have to make him a 'Happy Birthday Hubbie' card instead, but more importantly, what cake will I bake...?



No comments:

Post a Comment