Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I carried a watermelon...?!

As I tackle my post-America health and fitness regime with renewed vigour, along with lifting weights at Willesden Sports Centre, today I also picked up a watermelon - and it was heavy!


What summer would be complete without carrying a watermelon (and eating it) at least once? Hmmmm?

I love that along with the sunshine, the summer also brings with it, a wide range of fruits, and I for one, relish the opportunity to feast on a variety of sweet and juicy berries, cherries, peaches, nectarines, melons and so on.


I remember when I was a child, I always used to go strawberry picking with my parents during the summer, and for every strawberry that I would put into the basket, I would also eat one. I haven't been for many years now, but I would quite like to go again at some point, and I would definitely recommend it as a fun summertime activity if you haven't done it before. It could also be quite a unique and romantic date...strawberry picking, followed by feeding each other the fruits yielded from your afternoon together, accompanied by a bottle of champagne....just a thought.

Here is a demonstration of how to achieve a watermelanie smile....


So, in the words of Baby, in my all time favourite movie, Dirty Dancing: "I carried a watermelon." Unfortunately it was not followed by any up-close-and-personal dancing (read: grinding) with a gorgeous man...or with anyone for that matter. However, it was followed up by eating, and it was delicious. Nom nom nom....

4 comments:

  1. mmmm...that's what I need to get at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! Soooo yummy and messy! But before you eat it, it's required to walk around with it saying "I carried a watermelon...?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how in the first photograph the melon actually resembles a bowling ball. Craftily hiding the juicy, delicious and sweet interior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you saying I look like a bowling ball, Aaron?! :P

    ReplyDelete