Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's a new dawn, it's a new day....

Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.  Mine was spent with family and we had a really great time eating, drinking, playing Cranium...and eating some more!  Too bad we only took a couple of photos (probably because we were too busy with said eating...*ahem*...) as it would have been the ideal opportunity to capture some family snapshots.


Unfortunately, on Boxing Day I came down with what I can only assume was the dreaded Norovirus, so I was bed-ridden for a few days, clinging to my hot water bottle.  I'm all better now though, and was thankfully able to see in the New Year with lots of bubbly and delicious food!

Looking back, 2012 was truly awesome, and I will forever think of it as my wedding year!  Of course my wedding was the absolute highlight, but other top moments included: starting a new job, all the celebrations and street parties for the Jubilee weekend, our trip to Spain for the High Rockabilly, watching and attending the London Olympics, and our holiday to the USA where we got to catch up with good friends, and also attended my sister-in-law's wedding.


On the last evening of the year, we didn't venture out for the festivities, and instead stayed cozy at home.  We did however head out to the Royal Festival Hall on the super sunny 1st of January 2013 for a day of dancing to live music and DJs.


Upon arrival the dance floor was packed!  Clearly everyone thought it would be a good idea to head to the Southbank on New Year's Day - and it was!  The atmosphere was great, and loads of our dance buddies were there, so it was really nice to see lots of friendly faces on the first day of the year.


The Alex Mendham Orchestra played a set, and DJs El Nino and Richard Adamson took to the decks.  The band was great, but as I err towards the more rockin' r&b and jump blues, I had pretty much had my fill of the jingly jangly-ness after the first few songs... 


Personally, I really got into my groove after the band, when Nino started spinning - we had a lot of fun dances!  I love the Clore Ballroom, as the floor is great, and the space is so big that it doesn't get too hot.  Of course, it will always hold a special place in my heart, as it is where Aaron proposed to me, just over two years ago now...


So here's hoping that this year will be even better than the last.  I would say that 2013 has gotten off to a pretty good start, and was very much in keeping with our New Year's resolution to dance more!

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you were sick on Christmas. That really bites.

    Love the red dress for New Year's day though.

    HRF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't worn that dress for over a year, so thought it was time to take it for a spin! :)

      I was actually ok on Christmas day, which is great, as I got to enjoy the festivities, so can't complain!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome, action packed, exciting year you had. I don't think I'd seen any of your wedding photos before, oh my goodness, you were such a stunning bride. Love your Christmas outfit, too - I really need to remember to group multiple hair flowers more often like that, it's so cute.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS*

    Thank you deeply for your insightful, caring comment on my hair loss post. I'm sorry that your hair isn't in the best of shape at the moment. No matter the cause, it's always irksome, and sometimes downright stressful, when your hair won't behave the way your want/need it to. Thank you again, your words really mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet and kinds words Jessica. I will be posting up some more wedding photos around the time of my anniversary! :)

      You should definitely experiment with pairing up hair flowers - especially now that you have a new hair style to play around with - which looks fabulous, by the way! xxx

      Delete
  3. You seemed to have a really full year!!!
    I also want to dance more but my husband is really bad when it deals with dance....
    So all the best for 2013!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! I hope your 2013 is fabulous, and filled with dancing (drag your husband out to dance - practice makes perfect!!!) :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling better - that virus seems like a bitch!
    Looks like you've had a wonderful year. Look forward to seeing what's to come in 2013!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adele - all better now! From the news, it looks like soooooo many people were ill over the festive season!

      Here's to a brilliant 2013!!! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I'm glad you're feeling better. That was one of my fears through the break that I was gonna get sick, thankfully I escaped. Congrats on your first year being married! That, too, was my highlight of the year :) To dance more is such a good resolution, I may need to add that to my list!

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!!! Yay, both of us get to celebrate our one year anniversary!

      Dancing is just so much fun, and always makes you feel great too! It can also be very romantic to go on dance date nights! ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year darling!!! I hope that 2013 is just as wonderful a year for you and your hubby and that it brings just as many happy memories as the last :D
    Your Christmas outfits are so wonderful and festive and I love that poinsettia flower in your hair, how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Harlow! I hope you have a brilliant 2013...and I look forward to hearing about your adventures, and seeing more of your fabulous outfits on your blog! :) xxx

      Delete