Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ships and giggles

One of the things I love about London, is the freedom to jump on the tube and hey presto! thirty minutes later, you are on the other side of town.  Last weekend, we were given a brief respite from the chilly weather, which, of course, I miscalculated from my bedroom window.  So, naturally, I bundled up in my new fleece-lined tights and a warm coat, and jumped on the tube...to Greenwich!


Famous Greenwich attraction, The Cutty Sark, built in 1869, suffered extensive damage after a fire in 2007, but re-opened earlier this year, following a huge restoration project.  We didn't visit the museum aboard this Scottish clipper ship, but we did take some photos of the impressive exterior...

This photo was taken in the reflection of the glass on the outside of the ship - our legs were not on fire, but rather you can see the copper sheathing on the under-water hull of the ship.

We also popped into a couple of vintage shops in the area, and took a look around Greenwich market.  The market itself did not really have anything of much interest to me, consisting mainly of handmade arts and crafts (snooooooze...), however we did find a stall selling mulled wine, and warm freshly squeezed apple juice with ginger.  Yummy!


Talking of yummy, we were invited to dinner at our friends' house this weekend, and they served Campari cocktails, which has reignited my love for this bitter-tasting apĂ©ritif.  I always used to love drinking Campari on European holidays, as it seems like the perfect drink to sip al fresco at, say, a cafe in Paris, whilst relaxing in the sunshine and people watching.  They also cooked us the most delicious meal - I just wish I had taken some photos, because as soon as I saw the food, my mouth began to drool!

I did, however, take some photos of the scrumptious brunch that I cooked - after all, what weekend is complete without a lie-in, followed by a late cooked brekkie?  I made a concoction of eggs, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, mozzarella...and of course, buttery toast. 


I also went one step further away from being an Incendiary Blonde last weekend, and have taken my hair colour darker than it was previously....


....more pictures of the final result next time!

I'm heading to Rye for the Rhythm Riot tomorrow, so expect a long post with lots of pictures upon my return!

12 comments:

  1. That breakfast looks so delicious!!! If we ever make it over there, I'm inviting myself over for breakfast. Also, I've seen you two dance; your legs are most definitely on FIRE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeheehee thanks Mr Tiny, you're sweet! :) Oh, and you are most welcome to come over for brunch any time!

      Delete
  2. You two look perfect as usual. I love how fun it looks on all of your pictures. Yes I count myself in with that breakfast request as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I could say the same thing about you and your fella! :) Breakfast all 'round!

      Delete
  3. Erm, DELICIOUS brunch much?!

    Also, I have a huge couple crush on you guys, you're just the coolest pair ever! Have a wonderful time at the Riot:)

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehhehe thanks Ruby! :) The Riot was fabulous...more on that soon! xx

      Delete
  4. I love both of your coats. SO. STYLISH! And that brunch looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! The brunch was yummy, even if I do say so myself...! :)

      Delete
  5. You guys look great, such style! You make me smile looking at how cute you are together, too. And now I'm hungry looking at your yummy meal. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tash! I feel the same about you and Mel! :)

      I think I will have to start posting more brunch photos, it seems! xx

      Delete
  6. Your darker locks are so wonderfully pretty! Three cheers for going red! I adore both of your guys' outfits here and how your coats compliment each other.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Jessica! I have just about gotten used to the red now! :P It's definitely coat season here, just as I imagine it is in Canada too!

      Delete