Friday, August 24, 2012

A picture speaks a thousand words...

In my last post, I shared some photos of loverboy and I, taken by Jason Dodd on a fashion photography course that he was running at the Brooklands Museum.

Today I thought I would include a couple of shots taken by the students on the course.  Most of the photos were taken of us posing in and around various classic cars, however we did take a few that strayed off the beaten path....

Sarah Court Photography

This one was taken by Sarah Court, who told us that she loves photos that tell a story.  Ours portrays the tale of a couple in love in the 1940s, reunited after the war.  What other stories does this photo conjure up in your imagination?

The next photo of my handsome hubs is by Laura Knowles, who particularly enjoys taking portrait shots.  This is definitely one to keep in my wallet...

 Laura Photography

It's been really interesting to see the different perspectives, ideas and editing techniques of the photographers involved in Sunday's shoot.  Even the smallest difference in angle, colour or lighting can make such a huge difference to an image and the impression that it leaves you with.

Right, I'm off to go and print out that photo of my sweetheart...

10 comments:

  1. How lovely! Your blog is always full of cute pictures! :) Hope mine will be as good as yours eventually! The other Mel (http://rebelwithavintagecause.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Oooh, another blog to follow - I will check yours out! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I absolutely love that photo of you two together. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha, I like the way it turned out...although you can see that my skirt creases very easily! ;)

      Delete
  3. How gorgeous. And if I may say so, that's a rather lovely photo of yer hubby.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu lovely! You may say so...and I would have to agree! :D xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! Love these pictures, those soft color give a peaceful atmosphere!!!

    http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurence! I really like the colours too - definitely gives it more of a vintage feeling!

      Delete
  5. Your couple photo gave me chills. It's so sweet, soft, and romantic. You'd better frame it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Ms Fashionista! :) I think I will have to print some of these out and frame them!

      Delete